I wanted to have a blog just to show off my quilts. They are all special to me and hopefully there will be many more to post here.

Thursday, September 14, 2017

Layal's Quilt

Rhonda and David became friends in middle school. By the time they were in the high school, she was like a member of the family. Such a great teen and we all thought the world of her. She moved away in high school, but thanks to the magic of social media, we were able to stay in touch as she finished high school, started and finished college and got married along the way. Nine months ago, Runda (as she goes by now) had a beautiful little girl. This is Layal's quilt.







The fabric in this precious quilt is Hoo's in the Forest Fabric by Doohickey Designs for Riley Blake. It measures 31 x 35 inches. It is machine pieced and quilted. I stepped outside my comfort zone and machine quilted this little one with a regular foot. The binding is handsewn. 



Runda grew up to be a teacher....so of course I had to include a book with her quilt. 💜

No comments:

Post a Comment