I wanted to have a blog just to show off my quilts. They are all special to me and hopefully there will be many more to post here.

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Avie's Quilt


Back in the late 70's, I started babysitting for a family who would become very dear to me and see me through not only the turbulent teen years, but through some traumatic home events as well.  This family became my safety.  My go to place for security and to see how a family is supposed to work.  They unknowingly gave me the stability and love I needed.  I wound up babysitting for them for about ten years.  The oldest, Larry, was maybe two and a half when I joined their family.  The youngest (then), Sadie, only a year.  I was a mother's helper.  I think just ten years old.  No older than eleven.  My mother knew the father when he was just a little boy.  Interesting connections.  Timelines are fuzzy now, but I believe I was in high school by the time Ashley Jo was born.  And as time has a way of catching up with and passing us....the little girl in red 'scoot' pajamas had her own precious little girl in July.  This quilt is in honor of Avie and for the memories of Ashley as a little girl who gave this babysitter a run for her money.  I loved every minute of it.

Quilt is 39 x 30 1/2 inches.  Machine pieced.  Hand quilted.
















No comments:

Post a Comment