I wanted to have a blog just to show off my quilts. They are all special to me and hopefully there will be many more to post here.

Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Finn's Quilt

My sweet co-worker, Sharon, recently became a grandmother for the second time. The first time was over twenty years ago, so this sweet baby boy (first grandson) is like the first all over again. All I really knew about Sharon's daughter and the new baby's theme was giraffes. I had a hard time finding giraffes that I really liked. The first collection was pretty dark. Then I discovered the fabric by Michael Miller and made a sweet four patch baby quilt for Finn.

Finn is now five weeks old and the quilt has been delivered. I am getting better with my timing. Maybe the next one will be ready before the baby is born. The fabric is Zoo Littles Mini Giraffes by Michael Miller by AppleBlossomFabrics. It is such sweet fabric. And it's bright and cherry for a little boy.

The quilt was machine pieced and quilted. I am still conscious of my wrists, but I did let myself handstitch the binding down. I just like that so much. The quilt measures 30 1/2 x 36 inches.








No comments:

Post a Comment