I wanted to have a blog just to show off my quilts. They are all special to me and hopefully there will be many more to post here.

Sunday, September 10, 2017

Ella's Quilt

Many years ago, my friend Kim and I were walking around a new neighborhood that we had 'discovered'. I believe it was summer when a little boy with blond curls and big brown eyes called to us from his yard. He was saying Hello to us girls....not sure at the time if the toddler was saying 'Hello you girls', 'Hello two girls', or 'Hello new girls'. I was around eleven years old and became fast friends with this little guy named Larry. His family became my family and I was his babysitter (and babysitter for his sisters) for several years. Those years will always be near and dear to me. A little more than two years ago Larry welcomed a precious daughter with the same golden curls. This is Ella's quilt.





The quilt measures about 30x34 inches. It is machine pieced and hand quilted. The fabric is Little Ruby by Bonnie and Camille from Moda. I love using these little charm packs.

I was way late sending the little quilt. Life has a way of interrupting your best intentions. But when I did send it, I sent a couple of other goodies as well....including Larry's little General Lee matchbox car he gave me to remember him by. I am not likely to forget him and wanted Ella to have the sweet little heirloom.




No comments:

Post a Comment